Sunday, January 8, 2017

Get Your Ticket

Hello there! I'm glad I had no plans to go anywhere this weekend, as it's very cold here. I can't wait until later in the week when it'll reach 50 degrees! It'll feel like summer, ha. 
Last night Bob and I booked our flights to Nashville and back, and also booked two more nights, but at a different hotel. We had originally booked Friday and Saturday at the Opryland Hotel, which is where the Nashville Boogie is being held, but we were unable to book other nights there, because they were booked. Bob called the Opryland Hotel again yesterday, and the only Wednesday and Thursday availability they had would be in a different room, and one that only had a sofa bed in it! 
So, we scratched that, and booked a room for Wednesday and Thursday at their sister hotel across the street. We did it right away, because the woman at the Opryland Hotel that Bob spoke to said their sister hotel was almost booked already for those days. I feel much better now that we booked it, got the airfare, and we also bought our tickets to the Boogie itself
We will most likely be staying at my sister's apartment in Nashville on that Sunday and Monday, and are flying back on Tuesday evening.
In the pictures below I'm wearing my newest Bernie Dexter dress, which arrived yesterday. This tickets print first appeared on Bernie's website a couple of weeks or so ago in the Chelsea style, which has spaghetti straps. I ordered it right away, but once I saw this print on the site soon after in this Kelly style, I knew I had to have it instead. As I've said before, including in my blog post yesterday, shirt dresses are just so much easier for me to wear. I can wear them anywhere. So, as soon as I received my Chelsea dress in the mail, I shipped it back to Bernie's shop, to get an exchange for the Kelly. 
I'm so glad I was able to exchange it for the Kelly. I love this print! The color palette is a bit different for me. There's dark blue and gray in the print, as well as the bright citrus colors. I played up the citrus colors palette with my Brighter Bakelite bangles. I meant to also pair my lime green Luxulite hoop earrings with this outfit, but forgot. 
I had a Retrolicious rainbow tickets print dress that I got from Modcloth years ago, but I ended up selling it earlier this year, because it was quite short on me. I still loved the print though, so I'm really glad I now have a longer verison in my wardrobe.








Dress: Bernie Dexter
Necklace: Etsy (Scrumptiousdoodle)
Brooch: Etsy (Luxulite)
Bangles: Etsy (Brighterbakelite)

Heels: BAIT Footwear


~Bye bye for now!

3 comments:

  1. I am digging these semi darker colors on you. I knew you had to have this and it looks SO good on you!! I love that this dress is so versatile, too. You can pair so many colors with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the current owner of that tickets dress, and a lifetime shortie, I am glad that you found the perfect replacement tickets dress! It looks so good on you <3! Hopefully it'll stick around till my spending ban ends...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great you were able to exchange the Chelsea for the Kelly. I am also not a fan of BD's spaghetti straps. Great choice! Also, that's excellent you were able to book everything already for the Boogie. Sounds like it's going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete