Sunday, December 4, 2016

"If You're Going To San Francisco"

Hello there! Last night Bob and I went over his parents' house for dinner and cake for his mother's birthday. We ran some errands after that, and then went home. We watched part of "It's A Wonderful Life", but I got too tired, and couldn't finish it. I'll probably finish it today. We also watched "White Christmas" this weekend. "White Christmas" is my favorite holiday movie. If you haven't seen it, you must! Same goes for "It's A Wonderful Life".
I had a very successful anitquing today yesterday. Bob and I went to a Christmas antique show abotu twenty minutes away. We had never been to this show before, but my mom recommended it. We got there half an hour after it opened, and it was very crowded inside. So, that was annoying, but other than that, I was happy to see how much good stuff they had. I didn't see any blow molds though, but they had lots of bottle brush trees! I picked up three of them, and had my eye on others, too. 
I try to do a full walk through at antique shows before buying anything, in case I find something I love more than what I first saw, or I find the same thing cheaper at the show. I do make exceptions, like if it's something I already know is a great deal, and may sell by the time I get back to the booth. My first purchase I did buy immediately, before walking around, and that was a $20 bottle brush tree. I knew it was a good price, plus the tree was different than most I've seen; it was silver with ball ornaments strung throughout the center of the tree. Later, I saw the same tree at another booth for $50! I ended up also getting one ceramic tree (only $20!), and a basket made of Christmas cards. I posted pictures below of my finds.
In the pictures below I'm wearing my new Lindy Bop dress. It has a San Fransisco border print on it. I went to SF when I was fourteen, but I'd love to go back sometime soon. 
The colors in this print are so gorgeous; reminds me of sherbert. This is the best fitting LB dress I've ever tried on. Usually the waists are huge on me in LB dresses, but luckily this one is only a little big, and while it's tight on my chest, the buttons don't gape.













Dress: Lindy Bop
Brooch: Erstwilder
Bangles, earrings: Etsy (Brighterbakelite, Mousemarket)
Heels: BAIT Footwear


~Bye bye for now!

3 comments:

  1. Such lovely Christmas finds! I also love that Lindybop dress, such a wonderful print on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I JUST ordered my first Lindy Bop pieces (blog post on that coming within the week) and totally love them. I'm now waffling between this dress or the skirt version now! It looks incredible on you! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your Christmas finds! That ceramic tree for only $20 is amazing! I've been hoping to find one just like that for a good price. Also, yay for this Lindy Bop dress! I ordered the same one and am so impressed with the quality for the price! I love the lining in the skirt <3 Looks great on you! Dress twins! :D If you ever make it to SF I hope you will look me up. I'd love to meet up while you're here :)

    ReplyDelete