Monday, December 26, 2016

Merry, Merry

Hello there! Hope that everyone who celebrates Christmas had a wonderful one. I can't believe it's over! There's such a buildup to it, and then it just flies by. I had a nice Christmas Eve and Christmas. I did something different on Christmas Eve than I've done other Christmas Eves; I went to church with Bob's family in the late afternoon, and then went out to dinner with his parents, brother, and aunt & uncle. I had never seen his family before on Christmas Eve, I had alway spent it with mine. I did sleep over my parents' house Christmas Eve, like always, and Bob will came up to my parents' around 5:30 p.m on Christmas, and my grandparents and cousin also came over.
My parents gave me a couple of calendars, a make up bag, a book, ornaments (including four pewter ones my mom picked up when was in Austria this month), a paper mache pumpkin 
(it's a Halloween decoration), Bakelite and fakelite bangles, a hair flower, money to spend when I got antiquing on Friday with my mom, and a couple of other small items. I hope I have good antiquing luck on Friday! 
The best gift I got for Christmas was one of the gifts from Bob. He really surprised me! 
He put two tickets to Viva Las Vegas in a box (the tickets are just for Viva itself, not for our whole Vegas trip)! I couldn't believe it. He had kept telling me he didn't really want to go to Viva this year, and I really wasn't sure if I'd be able to convince him to go. He's so sweet and unselfish! But, he did say what convinced him to do it is that he found out that a band he loves is playing there this year. He's never seen them before. I'm so excited that we're going. It's the 20th anniversary of Viva this year. I know we definitely won't be going next year, and that's fine with me. 
It'll be really nice to get to relax today after a busy weekend seeing lots of family. We'll just be visiting a family member and running an errand today, but otherwise will be at home. Bob didn't think he'd be off today, but I'm happy he ended up getting it off. It's the only day he'll have off of work for the holidays.
In the pictures below I'm wearing the outfit I wore on part of Christmas Eve. I wore my red Trashy Diva Americana dress to church. I only have one Americana, but it's definitely one of my favorite styles TD has ever put out. I really wish they'd release more! 
 


Fakelite and Bakelite I got from my parents. The three on the right are Bakelite.





My mom gave me this piece from her collection!

Ornaments my parents gave me for Christmas. The ones on the left are pewter, and from Austria!


Dress: eBay (Trashy Diva)
Brooch: Erstwilder
Bangles: Splendette
Heels: BAIT Footwear 
~Bye bye for now!

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! You scored some pretty amazing gifts there, lucky you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited that Bob surprised you with the tickets by misleading you. Cody LOVES to mislead me when he is planning something - they're such sneaky boys, aren't they?? You must take lots of photos so I can live Viva vicariously through you this year =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet of Bob! Such a wonderful holiday surprise! <3

    ReplyDelete