Thursday, December 29, 2016

Sock Hop

Hello there! I worked on Tuesday until 1:30 p.m., and won't go back to work until Tuesday, the 3rd. Yesterday I mostly stayed home, but I did run out to a couple of shops. I went to an antique store I had never been to before, about 25 minutes away, and they had some cute Christmas items, and Pyrex, but nothing I had to have. I also checked out a Salvation Army in my town, to see if they had any good antiques, but there was nothing decent there. 
I could've bought a piece of Pyrex or two in the antique store, but I was okay with not doing that, because tomorrow I'll be doing tons of antiquing with my mom. We're going to three towns that are next to each other in Pennsylvania. I haven't been to two of the towns before.
We're meeting early in the morning, and will be gone all day, probably until the early evening. 
My dad gave me some money for Christmas to use to go anitquing, so that'll help, but I have a feeling I may have to use some of my own money too, ha. Well, I did get money from some other relatives for Christmas too, so I could use part or all of that, as well. 
Even though Christmas items are my favorite antiques to collect, I also want to get more general non-seasonal antiques to display year round. Once I have a house though, I will display at least part of my antique Christmas collection year round, in a holiday themed room (I'll also display some of my Halloween and Easter items there). 
In the pictures below I'm wearing a Pinup Girl Clothing Sabrina top, and a Bea & Dot skirt that was sold at Modcloth, but I found on eBay after it sold out on Modcloth's site. I've had the skirt for about a year and a half, and I really love the 50's record and dancing print. 
It looks like a sock hop is happening. I would've loved to grow up in that time period. 
If I could just take the clothing style, music, houses, cars, etc. and combine it with the advancements we have now in 2016,  that would be my utopia. 
I have five Sabrina tops, and I really love them. They are perfect for work too, because of the high neck on them. They're comfortable, as well.
 





Top: Pinup Girl Clothing
Skirt: eBay (Modcloth)
Brooch: Erstwilder

Heels: BAIT Footwear

~Bye bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. I am slowly collecting Sabrina tops - I have purple and navy and now MUST HAVE THEM ALL!!!!! They really are great staples and they fit so nicely!!

    ReplyDelete