Thursday, August 25, 2016

Glass Half Full

Hello there! Well, my work week is done with, and it's so lovely that the weekend has rolled around again. I think my weeks go faster working at this job, than they did at any other jobs; maybe because I actually like my job, ha! My boss was off Tuesday-today, and luckily nothing happened where I needed to reach out to him to get a response. I didn't want to have to bug him while he was on vacation. 
I don't have much planned for this weekend, other than meeting up with a friend Saturday night. Otherwise, I'll just be doing my normal weekend tasks, like cleaning, laundry, and working out. Next weekend will be busier: on Saturday I'm going shopping in PA with my mom for holiday decorations, and Sunday Bob and I will be going to his cousin's for a bbq. 
Oh, we booked my birthday trip! We found a GREAT deal for a short getaway to New Orleans, my favorite place I've ever been to! I didn't even really think it'd be an option to go there for my birthday, but I'm very excited. We'll be leaving on a Wednesday night, and leaving NOLA on Saturday morning, so it's a quick trip. Luckily, since we've been there twice before, we know exactly where to go during the limited time we have, to make the most of it.
In the pictures below I'm wearing a Bettie Page (now Tatyana) dress that I found for sale about a month ago on a Facebookswap & sell group. I originally bought this dress from Modcloth about three years ago, and ended up returning it; I just wasn't that into it at the time. Afterwards, I would occassionally see it crop up for sale on eBay or Facebook, and ended up seeing one a size bigger than I wanted, but figured it'd better than nothing. I think the print is really cute and retro-y looking. I have this same dress style in a nesting dolls print, too. The style runs big in general, and I wish I had a size smaller in both.
 





 
Dress: Facebook group (Bettie Page, now Tatyana)
Necklace: Modcloth

Heels: BAIT Footwear

~Bye bye for now!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, your dress is seriously darling!! Plus that print is everything... and how exciting, New Orleans? That's awesome! My hubby & I have been dying to visit -- seems like such an amazing place! Happiest weekend, girly! xo

    www.girlandcloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on booking your birthday getaway! I hope you have a great time in NOLA but I know you will ;) Love your dress! I have the same one! It's a super fun dress <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting that you're headed to New Orleans. I've not yet been myself, but have felt an incredibly strong pull there ever since I was a little girl. I could pick anywhere that I wanted to go in the States, New Orleans would top the list. I hope that you guys have an awesome time celebrating your birthday there.

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete