Sunday, August 7, 2016

Country Life

Hello there! Bob and I are just hanging out at home today. Friday night we went over my parent's for dinner, and my grandparents came, too. We had burgers, which I don't have much, but I like to have a good burger once in awhile, and these were really good. We looked at pictures from my parent's vacation out west a couple of weeks ago. Last night I met up with a friend for a drink.
In the pictures below I'm wearing my newest Retrospec'd dress. The print is called Country Life, and the style is called Connie. I already had one Connie, in the Gay Parisi print. Shirt dresses are my favorite dress style. I've gotten a lot lately, especially in the Bernie Dexter Kelly style. This print is gorgeous, just like so many of Retrospec'd prints. It looks like a painting. Even though I love going to cities, the print on the dress is pretty representative of the area I grew up in and still live in; very rural, with lots of farms. Speaking of that, it's funny to me how it seems most people think of New Jersey a very busy and crowded area, like the area right outside of NYC. We've had this happen a lot when we go on vacation, and we love to educate people about NJ, ha. Yes, NJ does have that area, but the area my husband and I are from couldn't be more different from that. The town I'm from is very small, and there are more cows than people there. There's a farm on the road I grew up on, and there's two stoplights in the town. It takes 40 minutes to get to a mall from there, 35 minutes to get to the movies, etc. The town I live in now is a little bigger than that, with more to do, but there are still lots of farms right around me. So, anyway, in case you didn't know, now you do! 









Dress: Grease Rags Clothing (Retrospec'd)
Bracelets: Splendette
Brooch: DNJ Retro (Erstwilder)
Heels: Modcloth (BAIT Footwear)


~Bye bye for now!

4 comments:

  1. This dress is so pretty! The print is positively pastoral, which is so soothing. I love shirt dresses, too, and can't stop buying Kellys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the print on this dress, and the shirt style dress by Retrospec'd! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up in a similar setting - people here Massachusetts and think everything is BOSTON haha I grew up more central, in a cluster of small towns where we also had to drive 30min at least to get to where a mall was or a movie theater! So funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely print and I love it paired with the red accessories. <3

    ReplyDelete