Friday, August 12, 2016

Crazy Cat Lady

Hello there! I've been watching the Olympics a lot; gymnastics, basketball, and swimming are my favorite to watch. I used to play basketball and do gymnastics, and gymnastics has always been my favorite sport to both watch and participate in. Last night I watched all of the women's all around competition. It was so exciting! It was amazing to see both US gymnasts in it win gold and silver! I figured Simone would win gold, she was predicted to, and is consistently almost flawless. I was really hopping Aly would get silver, especially because she lost out on an all around medal four years ago in London, during a tie breaker (she had been tied for bronze). The Russian girl she had tied with four years ago took the bronze last night. So, it was crazy, because they were again SO close to each other this Olympics, but it was so nice to see Aly get the silver. As soon as she finished her floor exercise performance, which was the last performance for her for the all around competition, she just burst into tears. She knew at that point that she would medal. I got a bit teary-eyed myself, ha. It is simply astonishing me what Olympic athletes are capable of; how dedicated, focused, and driven they are. I don't think I could handle the stress!!
In the pictures below I'm wearing my Bernie Dexter kitty print Kelly dress. I admit, I am a crazy cat lady, as in they're my favorite animal. I don't have any kitties currently, and my husband is quite allergic to them, so when we do get a cat, we'll try to adopt a hypoallergenic breed. Maine Coons are my favorite breed, but unfortunately they are not hypoallergenic. Long haired cats and dogs are my favorite kind. I think they're more beautiful.
 







Dress: Bernie Dexter
Necklace: Etsy (Scrumptiousdoodle)
Brooch: Deer Arrow
Heels: Pin Up Girl Clothing (Chelsea Crew)

~Bye bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. I love this dress! The kitty print with the red background and with the Kelly cut-- such perfect combinations! <3 Looks great on you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are in the same boat - Cody is allergic to cats!! We want a Burmese or perhaps a Russian Blue, they're both hypoallergenic. He loves cats as much as I do so I know we'll have to figure it out soon enough!

    ReplyDelete