Sunday, August 21, 2016

New Hope

Hello there! Yesterday Bob and I went to New Hope for the day, and got back around 5:00 p.m. It was hot out, but not unbearable for walking around outside. When we got there, we first went to the restaurant we usually go to, and sat outside at the bar to get lunch and have drinks. We were there a couple of hours, and then we went to a couple of stores. I picked up two pairs of earrings at Thirteen Vintage, which is run by two really nice guys. The one guy recognized me from Instagram a year or so ago, and now we always talk about "pin up" clothing/the community when I come in. We walked over by the river, which we always do when we're in New Hope, and got some nice pictures. It's really beautiful at the Delaware River, and it separates New Jersey from PA. Bob likes New Hope, and he introduced me to it, but, I like to go more often than he does, ha. If it were up to him we'd probably go once a year, or twice, max. But, in general, I just like to do day trips (and going away trips) more than he does. 
Speaking of trips, I've been doing a lot of research this weekend about going away for a long weekend over my birthday next month. We are deciding between three cities to go to, ha. When it's a city you've never been to before, it's hard to figure out the logistics, and it stresses me out a bit. It's very tempting to just go back to New Orleans, since I do miss it a lot, and we also know exactly where to go there, and how to get around, which makes a difference since we are only going away for a short time. New Orleans basically has a siren call to me, ha. It's my favorite city I've ever been to. It's VERY hard to pass up any opportunity to go there, no matter how short the time there would be. But, my mind isn't made up yet.
Another thing complicating this even more, is that I've never used Airbnb before, but am looking at it now. After this mini trip, we probably won't be going on any trips until March at the earliest.













Dress: Catnip Reproduction Clothing (Retrospec'd)
Bracelets: Splendette and Etsy (Luxulite)
Heels: BAIT Footwear


~Bye bye for now!

4 comments:

  1. I really love this Retrospec'd dress on you, love the tropical print! Awesome photos as well! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you guys would benefit a lot from Airbnb with how much you travel and take weekend trips. Definitely look into it and if you decide to do it, make an account. I think it takes a little time as they do background checks (a co-worker did it recently - I can check with her on the process). It really is a good way to save some cash.

    I love hearing about your times in New Hope - I sure HOPE you end up in Boston soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was a great day out. I love the pics you got from your outing and love the dress you are wearing. I hope you will have a great time out for your birthday and hope you don't stress too much with the planning <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohh, what a stunning backdrop for an equally beautiful tropical inspired dress. That warm, rich palette of fire hues is absolutely stunning!

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete