Sunday, March 6, 2016

Stamm House Visit

Hello there! Yesterday I went out to Mifflinburg, PA with my mom to go shopping for holiday decorations/antiques. We go out there a couple of times a year. Our first stop is the Stamm House, where a woman sells holiday decorations that she handmakes from antique German molds. She's a great artist, and there's no one else out there like her that I've come across yet. My mom is a huge collector of holiday decorations, and said she's never seen anyone else doing this either. I got my biggest haul yet. She had so many Easter items that I wanted, more than any other time I've been there. I posted pictures below, and I also posted picture of my full Stamm collections, and of displays inside the store. 
It was funny, because when we got there at 10:30 (the store opened at 10), there was another shopper in there already, and that woman is the same one who's been there the two last times we were there also. She lives almost as far away from there as we do (we live over two hours away). The shop is small, and some items the artist only makes one or two of, so you have to snatch up what you want right away! But, since that woman got there half an hour before us, she had gotten a ton of items already. There was only one item she had that there were no more of, that I probably would've bought if I had gotten there before her. But, it's okay, because I got so many amazing pieces. A guy came in while the three of us ladies were there shopping, and we had already put aside so many pieces for us (my mom was also shopping for my sister and cousin, and my mom and I were sending pictures to my sister and cousin to see what they wanted.). Poor guy, he didn't have too much of an Easter selection left! We were there about an hour and a half, and it's only one small room. I just love being in there though, surrounded by so much cuteness!
After the Stamm House we went to a gift store, an antique mall, and then a huge gift store. 

I didn't get anything at the other places.
In the pictures below I'm wearing my Heart of Haute bubbles dress, and my new peach BAIT Idas that came this week. The Idas match the dress perfectly. I wasn't sure how the peah would look in person, because sometimes shoe colors look different in person than they do on the BAIT website. The shoes ended up a bit brighter in person than they looked online, which is fine by me!







My full Christmas collection

My full Easter collecton

My full Halloween collection (minus one that I forgot about!)


My purchases yerday

More purchhases from yesterday

A part of her Christmas wares for sale

A part of her Christmas wares for sale

A part of her Halloween wares for sale

A part of her Easter wares for sale

A part of her Christmas wares for sale

This little angel was at my feet in the car the whole time



Dress: Heart of Haute
Necklace: Etsy
Brooch: DNJ Retro (Erstwilder)
Heels: BAIT Footwear


~Bye bye for now!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you have such an amazing collection of holiday decorations! I especially like your bunny-in-a-dress Easter decoration. That Heart of Haute dress is also super perfect on you! And hurray for new BAITs -- I bet the peach matches your coral gingham dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun day! I love your dress. I have 2 skirts from HoH but I'm a little afraid to try to the dresses since they fit me kind of weird and I'm not sure of my sizing for their dresses. You look fabulous though and you're making me wanna take the plunge! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got such a great collection! I really love your Easter and Halloween collections but I'm a bit biased because Easter used to be my favorite holiday as a kid (loved it when all the rabbit things came out) and Halloween is just about the best holiday there is! Love your dress too. So cute with your BAIT shoes! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Popsicle necklace is too cute for words!

    Thank you for the joy and (styling) inspiration that your terrific outfits always impart.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete