Saturday, March 19, 2016

Gingham Bernie With A Cherry On Top

Hello there! I'm so glad it's the weekend! I've been waking up an hour earlier for my new job (5:30 as opposed to I was waking up at 6:30 at my last job), and although I've been going to bed an half hour or hour earlier than I was, some days I get pretty tired when I'm driving to work, which is scary, especially because I'm driving on the highway to go to this job. Once I get into work, I usually don't feel tired anymore, but I guess my body is just having a hard time adjusting to this slight change. And I don't like how dark out it is when I'm driving to work, because of setting the clocks ahead an hour last weekend. But, it is nice that it was still a light out last night at 7:30!! I love that. I was at a bar with my friends, and when I left at 7:30 I was happily surprised it was still light out. I had met up with two friends from my last job, and it was nice to catch up with them.  I saw them a couple of weeks ago, too. Actually all of my friends are people I've worked with at previous jobs. 
Today I'm meeting a friend at Panera for dinner. Other than that, I'm just cleaning, doing laundry, working out, running an errand, and just relaxing; reading/watching TV. My sister is coming home for Easter, she'll be back next Friday. It's crazy Easter is only a week away!! I'll be going to my parents for Easter. And the first day of spring is tomorrow, YAY!!
In the pictures below I'm wearing my Bernie Dexter gingham dress that I bought at Enz's in NYC almost a year ago. I hadn't seen the dress available online anywhere, and was happy to find it at Enz's in my size. It is very tight in the chest though, and I would've preferred to size up to have more room there, but they didn't have the next size up. I think the cherry pie brooch is the perfect match for it. 

 








Dress: Enz's (Bernie Dexter)
Necklace: Etsy (Luxulite)
Brooch: Erstwilder

Purse: Trashy Diva
Heels: BAIT Footwear

~Bye bye for now!

5 comments:

  1. I have such a hard time functioning properly before the sun is up. My body just needs that signal from Mother Nature! But yay, tomorrow it'll be spring, and you'll be seeing your sister soon! I'll be seeing mine next week as well, and I cannot wait!! I'm thinking about going to Enz's while I'm visiting New York, but it depends on whether I have time.

    This dress is one of my all-time favorite Bernies! It really was impossible to find, but they had a few during the Zulily sale and I actually managed to snag one!! I love this whole outfit on you :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love red gingham and your accessories are super adorable. I have those shoes and they are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your accessories but that dress and shoes are absolutely wonderful on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulously cute Erstwilder brooch. It makes me think of the abundance of cherries that grow around our part of BC each summer (and the many childhood summers spent picking them by the bucketful).

    Have a fabulous week!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love gingham! That dress is so amazing with that strawberry purse! I hope everything goes well with adjusting to the time change for you new job! I'm sure you will get the hang of it soon!

    ReplyDelete