Wednesday, March 2, 2016

A Dress Fit For A Picnic

Hello there! Spring is only 2.5 weeks away now. I'm so very glad that January and February are done with, as I can't stand either of those months (because of the weather). It always makes me feel a little better/hopeful once those two months are done with. 
I'm not working today, so I'm going to greatly enjoy spending the day at home! The only time I'm leaving is to run to Target later. I'm going to do a lot of reading; I started reading "The Sound of Gravel" this morning, which is a memoir (I love reading memoirs), and am going to watch "The Danish Girl", which I'm excited to see. On Saturday my mom and I are going out PA to go shopping for holiday decorations/antiques. I'm really looking forward to it. The shop we go to first has the best handmade holiday decorations (they're antique reproductions that the woman makes in her home & the shop is inside her home).
In the pictures below I'm wearing my Trashy Diva Lena Picnic dress, and my Heart of Haute cropped cardi. I saw a couple of ladies on Instagram tying it in the back instead of tying it in a bow in the front, and I liked how it looked! So, I've been doing it that way, too. I think this dress is pretty much the perfect summertime dress. Don't get me wrong, clearly I will rock gingham in all seasons, but I think it's a "quintessential" summer-y print. I'm definitely bringing this one to Vegas next(!!!) month! Wow, it feels great to say that Vegas is next month!









Dress: Trashy Diva
Cropped Cardi: Gift (Heart of Haute)
Necklace & Brooch: Etsy (Luxulite)

Heels: Modcloth (BAIT Footwear)

~Bye bye for now!

3 comments:

  1. This dress is seriously the perfect red dress, and the accessories just make this outfit even better! The sweater looks great tied this way, too. I hope you enjoy your day off! Reading + a movie = the perfect day at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes my heart happy to just even think about picnic season again. Despite parts of it being on the milder side (aka, rain not snow some weeks), this winter feels like it's been underway for about a decade at this point and I can't wait for the return of meals eaten off of gingham blankets. :)

    This is such a fabulously fun outfit. I adore that brooch to no end!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute dress on you! <3 Also, I second your love for memoirs! Memoirs are great!

    ReplyDelete