Sunday, October 11, 2015

Learning To Sew

Hello there! Last night Bob and I stayed in, and watched "Wedding Crashers". He also helped me start to sew! Well, I just sewed on a piece of paper ha, but it's a little bit of progress. He had bought me a book on how to sew a few months ago, and was encouraging me to read it. He knows how much I'll love to sew once I learn it, because there are so many cute fabrics out there, that I'd love to use! I really wish I would've just had my mom shown me years ago. Oh well, better late than never. But, for me when I read the book it goes over my head. I have to actually be at the machine doing things, than reading it in a book and then applying it. If I have any issues while I'm at the machine, I can always reference the book then. I'm very excited though. I hope it won't be too hard in the beginning. I've already picked out a pattern for skirts and two fabrics. The pattern looks pretty simple, and hopefully it is. Bob is very good at learning new tasks, so I'm happy he wants to help me. I am not as adept with new tasks ha, that is for sure.
Today's going to be pretty quiet. I'm going to read more of "The Martian" work out, and  sew a little more (on fabric this time!). Other than that, I mostly will just will be relaxing.
As much as I don't want winter to come at all, I'm excited to shop for new decorations! Target always has some cute things for Christmas. They already have a tiny bit of decorations in the store by me, but nothing I have to have. Kohl's has more out, but I didn't see anything I really liked.
In the pictures below I'm wearing my Tatyana nesting dolls dress.









Dress: eBay (Tatyana)
Necklace: Francesca's Collections

Shrug: Target
Brooch: Etsy (Luxulite)
Heels: B.A.I.T. Footwear


~Bye bye for now!

4 comments:

  1. The dress is beautiful, it's one of my favourite prints. I've been looking for a piece in this print for ages. Learning to sew is great, want to be better at it. I'm going to try and make a pink velvet skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you styled this adorable dress! It was hard for me NOT to get it when I was visiting their store in Vegas this May but I couldn't get them all!

    Props to you for learning to sew - hopefully you catch on better than I did! I learned in high school and tried to make 2 skirts but found I am way too impatient to do it! It can be a lengthy process and you really do need patience! That's my best advice haha! good luck! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this dress! Once again you've styled perfectely! Good luck with the sewing too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute dress! I love all these colors on you! That is awesome that you are learning to sew. It seems like with the winter coming in a few months it will be the perfect time to get some practice in :) Good luck with your sewing! :D

    ReplyDelete