Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Another Handmade Dress!

Hello there! Tonight I went to Panera for dinner with my good friend. Then I ran to Kohl's to return something. Saturday Bob and I are going to Connecticut for the day, to visit my sister. I haven't gone since March, and Bob hasn't gone in over a year. On Sunday we are hopefully seeing "Gone Girl." I really wan to see it! I haven't read the book. We have a theater five minutes away from us. Bob and I almost never go to the movies. We much prefer to watch movies at home. But, this movie is not On Demand yet on our TV, and I dont want to wait for months, since I've heard such good things.
The quality in the pictures below isn't too good; it was dark out by the time I picked up this dress from my mom, so we couldn't take pictures outside. So, my mom made this dress! I adore the shape of the dress. I have one other dress she made me in this same shape. I think in the future I will have her make more in this shape, as I prefer it to the other shape I have had her make for me. The other one has a straighter skirt, but I really do prefer a fuller skirt. The fuller skirt one takes another yard of fabric though; that's why I was having her make me the straight skirt one, it's cheaper!
I already had this same exact print as this dress in a Bea & Dot brand skirt I got from Modcloth! I just love the fabric so much, that I wanted it in a dress as well, ha! I know; I'm kind of wacky. It's just hard to find prints this cute & colourful! The best thing about this print is that so many cardigans, belts, jewelry & shoes match with it. I have so many options, ha.










Dress: Handmade by my mom!
Necklace, Brooch, Earrings: Etsy
Heels: Trashy Diva (B.A.I.T. Footwear)

~Bye bye for now!

3 comments:

  1. This dress is beautiful! It's so cool that you were able to find the same fabric that Modcloth used for that skirt. And I love it paired with those shoes (:
    P.S. Go see Gone Girl. Seriously. It's been the best movie I've seen all year. If you can handle some gore, I'm sure you will love it.

    thelacunastitch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous of your mom's sewing abilities!! You look great and fun as always!!

    -Lauren Blair

    www.prefer2Bdemure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice sweet mom to make you dresses! <3 This one fits you so well too!!!! :D Love it!

    ReplyDelete