Sunday, October 12, 2014

A Connecticut Trip

Hello there! Bob and I had a really good time visiting my sister yesterday in Connecticut. She moved to a different apartment in May, but still lives in the same town. She now lives in an apartment in a big old house. It really looks like it could be a quaint bed & breakfast. She lives in quite a pretty town. It feels like a small town, but there's a lot more things to do there, than there are in the town we grew up in. Her boyfriend had to go to NYC for work for the weekend, so he wasn't there. 
When we arrived we got the tour of her apartment, and shortly after we left for a bigger town about fifteen minutes away. We got lunch at a restaurant/bar called Bar. I had been there once before with my sister, for drinks. We got pizza, which was really good, even though it was thin crust, and I prefer normal to thick crust. Just like at most pizza places in Connecticut, you can't order pizza by the slice. Actually in many states I've been in you can't find a pizza place to order by the slice, just pies, which to me is very weird! After that we walked to a nearby bar for a couple drinks. I liked that bar a lot, it was nice inside, and quiet. The bartender was very nice, too. Then we went to a vintage store, but I didn't find anything. After that we went back to the town she lives in. We went to a couple of stores and got ice cream at a famous ice cream shop. We got dinner after that in her town. I wasn't very hungry, so I just had soup and a pumpkin martini. The soup was alright, and the martini was excellent! I had never had a pumpkin martini before. We went home after that, and got home around 9:30 p.m. 
In the pictures below I'm wearing my Modcloth Route 66 dress. Now that it's a little cooler out, I have been wearing my cropped cardigans with dresses and skirts all the time. I have quite a few of them, but I get so much use out of them! I love how they look with a belt, they really pull my look together, I think they're flattering, and it keeps me a little bit warmer. I actually just ordered an orange one today, which I'm excited about! It's a nice, vibrant shade of orange, and I have been looking for this Old Navy one for so long. I finally snagged one on Poshmark.com.









Dress: Modcloth

Cropped cardigan: eBay (Old Navy)
Belt: Kohl's
Necklace, Brooch, Earrings: Etsy
Heels: B.A.I.T. Footwear

~Bye bye for now!

8 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun time and a very lovely town. I have my sister coming to stay with me in a few weeks and I am looking forward to that. Your dress is too incredible for words, what a print! Flawless outfit as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really was! Aww that's nice :) Thank you very much, dear!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely time in Connecticut! I love your outfit, that Route 66 dress is perfection. I love all your fruity accessories <3. I can't wait until the weather cools down in Southern California too, it still feels like summer here and I'm getting more anxious every day because I want to pull out the tights & cardis! Haha.

    xo, Serli
    www.lesoleilchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Aww. Well, I'm jealous of the weather where you live, that's for sure!

      Delete
  3. That dress has been on my radar for quite some time now (: The print is just so fun! And I love it with the cropped cardigan over it (: So cute!
    thelacunastitch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! :) You should get it; it's too cute!

      Delete
  4. Love your brooch and necklace! So fun! Your outing sounds fun too. And your sister's apartment sounds wonderful!!! I always wanted to live in a place just like you described... small though not too small town included! <3

    ReplyDelete