Sunday, July 31, 2016

Cupcake Skirt

Hello there! I didn't do much this weekend so far, and am just staying home today, which is fine by me, since we were just away on vacation.
In the pictures below I'm wearing my new Unique Vintage cupcake skirt. It's the same skirt style as my Unique Vintage watermelon skirt. I ordered this skirt two months ago, during the Memorial Day sale, when it was only $56. It originally said that it'd ship by June 15. Well, June 15 came & went, so I did an online chat with their customer service, and they said it was supposed to come very soon. I did another chat a couple weeks later, and the same thing happened. You think they'd just sent a general email to anyone who ordeed the skirt to update them on estimated date changes for shipping. Well, finally, in the beginning the skirts came in. I got a call though, saying that since I hadn't been charged originally for the skirt, they needed me to pay for it now. So, they sent me a Paypal request for payment, I paid immediately. I was told my skirt would ship that night. I went on vacation, and while I'm on vacation (a week after I was told the skirt had shipped), I get another voicemail, saying I need to pay for the skirt. What the hell?!?! I was so mad! I checked my bank account, and the funds had been taken out when I paid for it the week before. I ended up emailing them, explaining, and they still didn't get it. After more back and forth, they finally understood what happened, and shipped it, and it arrived yesterday. It was so frustrating! It makes me not want to ever order from them again, especially not pre-orders.
Anyway, I do LOVE the skirt! It's soooo cute, and my shoes are perfect with it! The skirt is decently thick, too. 







Top: Pin Up Girl Clothing
Skirt: Unique Vintage
Brooch: Erstwilder
Earrings: Etsy (Scrumptiousdoodle)
Flats: Shoe Bakery

~Bye bye for now!

3 comments:

  1. Oh no, that sounds thoroughly unpleasant. How bizarre that even after you had paid, it still wasn't showing up as such on their end. I'm sorry that you had to deal with such, sweet dear. This skirt is off-the-charts darling though and looks cuter than a million buttons (sprinkles? :)) on you.

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh how frustrating!! I don't usually order from UV. I've only ever ordered a couple things from them and it's rare I am happy with either the item received (ill fitting, poor quality, the ZIPEPRS OMG THE ZIPPERS DON'T GET ME STARTED!, and just overall slowness with shipping, etc) so I've just started to stay away unless something really good or a good sale happens. Bummer! Either way this skirt is cute on you and I love it with this Sabrina top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable skirt and so perfect on you! I love it so much with your ice cream shoes. That's crazy about UV. It sounds like such a pain in the butt. I think I will def stay away from any preorders with them in the future. I'm still a little mad at them because I ordered a bathing suit from them once and it arrived with deodorant stains all over it. I assumed it would come out in the water and wash so didn't say anything about it but they never did come out :( It's terrible that they would ship something out in that kind of condition. I'm glad you got everything sorted with them with this skirt!

    ReplyDelete