Sunday, July 24, 2016

Lipstick Dress

Hello there! Well, I'm back safe & sound from the southern road trip I took with my husband. We got back last night, after ten hours on the road yesterday. Vacations always go so fast, don't they?? It was great to get to explore four cities we had never been to before. Our favorite of the four was Savannah. We were only in Richmond & Raleigh one night each, but found both to be smaller than we had anticipated, so it turned out well that we only had one night in both. I only bought on piece of clothing the whole trip; a Trashy Diva L'amour dress at Bygone's Vintage in Richmond.
The big downside to the trip though, was the extremly hot and humid weather in all four cities. I knew before we went that it'd be like that, but that didn't make it any easier, ha. 
I tried wearing my hair down during the day in the beginning of the trip, but quickly found out that didn't work so well, since I was constantly sweating, and my hair would look end up looking like crap before too long. It was better to wear it down later at night, when it cooled down a bit (it never cooled down too much). Other than that, I had a fun trip. I'll write more about the trip in later blog posts. 
For now I'm going to post pictures of my newest Bernie dress. The dress arrived while we were away. It runs tighter in the bust than my other Bernies in this same style and size. It's very hard to zip it all the way up. So, that's annoying. If I had known ahead of time that it ran smaller in the bust, I definitely would've sized up. Maybe, *hopefully*, it'll stretch out a bit with wear? Fingers crossed. At least it does zip though. But, man, do I love this print! I love a great red lipstick, and the dress has varying shades of red lipstick, and also an orange shade. I'm not normally one for gold, but I don't mind it on this dress. I love Bernies lipstick prints so much, that I'm considering getting the one with the black background, too. I'd obviously size up in that one. 




 
Dress: Bernie Dexter
Necklace: Francesca's Collections
Heels: BAIT Footwear

~Bye bye for now! 

4 comments:

  1. I really love this print on this Bernie dress and those Bait shoes look great! Looking forward to reading about more of your trip away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sucks that it's a bit snug but it looks SO GOOD ON YOU! The gold is SO SO awesome!!

    I am so glad you had a great trip! Doesn't it suck when the weather or being away causes you to give in and NOT do all the things you want to do with your outfit or hair? I hate that but have gotten used to either ditching petticoats in hot places like Austin or putting my hair back when it's just so dang hot to handle it being down. Annoying but that's how it is sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so in love with the lipstick dress, if I could afford one I would get it in a heartbeat. It looks amazing on you.

    The humidity is killer isn't it? There is a reason I don't fashion blog much in the summer, it's impossible not to melt. Glad you had a good time in spite of the weather though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great on you! I've never seen this one before. I'm sorry this dress fits tighter than your other Bernies in the same cut. So annoying! I really wish Bernie Dexter would measure each dress for each cut and print and size like Trashy Diva and Cats Like Us do especially since it is a widely known thing how much much her sizes can fluctuate between cuts and prints. Sounds like it was a lovely trip. I dream of one day doing a southern waterfront town road trip and go to Savannah, Charleston, and Myrtle Beach.

    ReplyDelete