Saturday, June 25, 2016

Retrospec'd Tiki Time

Hello there! It's another gorgeous day out. Tonight Bob and I may walk to Applebee's down the street for a couple drinks. We haven't walked anywhere to eat or drink in quite awhile. Other than that, I won't be doing too much; working out, doing some reading, Netflix watching. We finished "Orange Is The New Black" last night. Ugh, it ended on  such a cliffhanger!! I really hate that. Now we have to wait another whole year for it to return.
In the pictures below I'm wearing my new Retrospec'd tropical/tiki dress. I got it from Catnip Reproduction Vintage Clothing. I had seen this print available previously in other online shops, but in a sarong style, so I didn't spring for it. Sarongs aren't my favorite style on me. I was so glad when I finally found it last week in this full skirt style. This print is an exact copy of a vintage Alfred Shaheen dress! I don't know if Retrospec'd does that with all their prints, but they at least do it with some. I think that's so neat. The COLORS in this print are to die for! The skirt part has bright pinks, oranges, reds, and white in it. In general I just love pink, orange, & red together. It may be my favorite color combo, other than rainbow, ha. This dress had stretchy side panels, which makes it a more comfortable fit. It's tight in my bust, but that's to be expected. I can't wait to wear this dress to a tiki bar! It's so perfect for that. I'm definitely bringing it on our southern road trip in July. I did wear it out on Thursday to meet my friends for a drink.











Dress: Catnip Reproduction Vintage Clothing (Retrospec'd) 
Necklace, brooch: Etsy (Luxulite)
Heels: Modcloth (BAIT Footwear)


~Bye bye for now!

4 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous dress on you and it's so perfect with that necklace! So fun that you live so close that you can walk to Applebee's for drinks! <3 We are walking distance to some restaurants too though it's not a short walk! ;) I just finishing Orange is the New Black yesterday too! This season was so good! I want more episodes now!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow love, love this dress on you, such a awesome tiki style dress by Retrospec'd! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, you look so good in reds/peaches/pinks/oranges!!! Another awesome score for your closet.

    OH MAN, OITNB killed me. KILLED ME!!! Those last few episodes - between Lolly, Healy, Poussay, and the ending with Daya - AHH I CANNOT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Completely lovely! I adore the warm, sunset (or rise) worthy colours here and the really nice midi length of this stunning frock. That matchstick necklace is pretty spectacular, too!

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete