Sunday, June 5, 2016

Red Doris

Hello there! Today I'll just be hanging at home. This coming Sunday Bob and I will be heading to Adamstown, PA to go antiquing. We went there together back in October; it was his first time there, and my first time going with him. I had been years ago as a child many times, when my parents dragged my sister and me there, ha. It's known as the "antique capital of the US". There are tons of antique malls there. The vendor I bought the necklace from in the pictures below, she is actually holding another fruity necklace for me, and I'm excited to pick it up from her. Our wedding anniversary is coming up on June 21, so we are going to Adamstown and the following weekend to NYC for the day, to celebrate.
In the pictures below I'm wearing a new to me Trashy Diva Doris dress. It's my first dress in the Doris style. This dress hasn't been made in years, so it was hard to track down, but I finally did through the Trashy Diva Facebook group I'm in! It's a great basic dress, perfect for accessorizing to add some punch to it. I obviously am a huge fan of novelty prints, but I also like having some solid dresses, and most of my solid dresses are red. This taco wristlet is seriously the best! I used it yesterday when I went shopping in PA with my mom. Betsey Johnson makes the cutest purses/wristlets! I want the new avocado one, too, ha. The brooch I'm wearing in the pictures below is vintage; I got it yesterday at an antique mall.












Dress: Facebook Group (Trashy Diva)
Necklace, Brooch: Vendors at an antique mall

Wristlet: eBay (Betsey Johnson)
Heels: Pin Up Girl Clothing (Chelsea Crew)

~Bye bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. I love the Doris cuts! I do wish Trashy Diva would bring back the Doris in it's original form and with the longer skirt as opposed to mini versions of the skirts. I love this dress on you! Congrats on picking it up in the fb group!

    ReplyDelete