Saturday, June 11, 2016

500th Post!

Hello there! Wow, this is my 500th blog post! Kind of hard to believe it, but I hit 500 after blogging for a little over three years! When I first started blogging, I had no idea how long I'd be doing it for. I'm glad I've kept it up (I've never taken a break from it); I still enjoy doing it, and that's what matters. My style has changed somewhat since then; I still wear tons of bright colors, but back then I was still wearing some Express brand clothing, mixed in with Modcloth (I had just discovered Modcloth!), and had yet to discover Pin Up Girl Clothing, Bernie Dexter, or Trashy Diva! 
I found out about my now favorite brands from seeing girls on Instagram wearing them, and wearing those brands on their blogs. I'm so grateful for these mediums, because I don't know how else I would've discovered my now favorite brands that I now can't imagine not wearing! I feel so wonderful wearing the clothing in my wardrobe, and I love creating outfits with my shoes, purses, and accessories. It's expression of who I am on the inside, basically a 1950's Rainbow Brite! I'm an optimistic, happy person by nature (I come by it naturally, as my mom is, too), and maybe that's part of why I've always been so drawn to bright colors and prints.
I want to take a momeny to thank the people who read my blog! I'm glad I've found a community of lovely, stylish ladies through blogging and Instagram, who inspire me, and make me feel not alone when it comes to my fashion interests!
Okay, on to the outfit pictures below. I'm wearing my new Retrospec'd Connie dress in Gay Parisi, which I got from Unique Vintage during their 20% off Memorial Day sale. Who doesn't love a sale?! The color scheme is amazing in this dress! I thought my lavendar BAITs would match perfectly, and they do! The dress is big on the waist in me, but fits well in the bust, and there isn't any gaping with the buttons, which is great. Retrospec'd is being carried in a lot more U.S. stores recently, which makes me happy! They are an Australian brand, and I bought my first dress of theirs at Viva Las Vegas this year. They choose wonderful vintage inspired prints. 







Dress: Unique Vintage (Retrospec'd)
Bracelet: Gift from my husband

Heels: BAIT Footwear

~Bye bye for now!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on hitting your 500th post! I just love your blog -- you bring that optimism and happiness to your posts, and it makes your blog such a joyful, inspiring read <3.

    In other news, this dress is PERFECT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 500th blog post...absolutely love that dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The BAITs are a perfect match - I can't get over the colors on this dress. It's just so pretty and looks so fantastic on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't remember this dress!!! OMFG it's amazing though!!! And while I'm a little behind you from starting a style blog, I think we had a similar trajectory with discovering brands from the Modcloth umbrella and through IG! Happy 500th! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously love this dress!!!! just posted it as my Friday fav's, because you know its so lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 500th post! It's fun to look back and see how our styles have changed over time isn't it? When I started blogging about 2 years ago I was heavy in Modcloth but not so much these days. I love your dress! The colors are amazing and the print is so pretty! I have yet to try any Retrospec't but I'd love to. I'm hoping to make it to one of the shops near me that carries it one day soon! Congrats on your 500th post! Here's to 500 more and beyond! :D

    ReplyDelete