Saturday, December 12, 2015

Poppies For A Birthday

Hello there! I'm very happy that the weekend is finally here. This work week was a tough one to get through. Last night Bob and I went over my parent's house for my dad's birthday. My grandparents and mom's cousins also came. We had a good time, and got to have my favorite cake ever, my mom's triple layer chocolate lake with chocolate icing. She had the house very decorated for Christmas, other than the fact that their Christmas tree wasn't up yet. But, my mom had 7 mini trees up! I posted pictures below of my parent's house. You might be able to see where I get my love for holiday decorating and antiques! Yesterday I
received four Christmas onrmanets from Everyday is a Holiday. The last picture posted below shows them. I love them soooo much! They are absolutely perfect additions for my tree/decorating scheme. 
Today I'm just cleaning, doing laundry, working out, running an errand, baking cookies, taking outfit pictures, and then just relaxing with Bob. Tomorrow we are heading to Bethlehem, to go to their Christmas market. I'm excited, I hope I find some cute things. I didn't have much luck their in the past, but hopefully this year is different.
I wetset my hair last night for the very first time. I have mixed feelings about the results. (My hair in the pictures below, was not from the wetset.) But, hopefully, in time I'll get better at it. I just can't wait to finally be able to style my hair  "50's ish", with different options. I've mainly been doing it just two different ways for awhile, and I'd like more and better options. I'm also getting some helpful tools for Christmas (like a DVD, book, and hair products about vintage hair styling, make up, etc), and I can't wait to try them out!

















Dress: eBay (Bernie Dexter)
Brooch: Etsy (Luxulite)
Heels: B.A.I.T. Footwear


~Bye bye for now!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 39. Nice dress, beautiful shoes and creative. Clean and well done home. For additional helpful tips, visit us at: http://gleem.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom has an amazing collection! I'm super impressed by her vintage Halloween collection! I love it! I love the new ornaments you got too! So perfect for your candy themed tree and it even matches with your kitchen decor! :) Also, cute dress on you! I love it with the red shoes!

    ReplyDelete