Sunday, June 4, 2017

Turquoise Birds

Hello there! Yesterday I had a fun day; I went to yard sales and an antique shop with my mom in the morning, and then in the afternoon went to New Hope with Bob. I didn't find anything at the yard sales, but I did a piece of Pyrex for $6 at the antique shop! It's a yellow medium sized fridgie. I actually already had one in the same size and color, but I can use both for display, or I can actually use one in the kitchen, and display one. It's in good condition too, but came without the lid. If I want to, I can always buy a lid for cheap on Etsy or eBay. The weather started out crappy; dreary, drizzling, and cool out. But, it quickly warmed up, and turned into a really sunny and beautiful day. 
Bob and I have been trying to go to New Hope since April, but every time we were going to go, it would rain. We were talking about going next Saturday, but when I saw how nice it was supposed to be yesterday, I told him I didn't want to risk not going yesterday, and then having it end up raining next Saturday. We had at late lunch when we got there, and sat outside on a restaurant patio to eat. My favorite part about New Hope is having a meal & drinks outside. The drive there is also so pretty, we drive through a lot of small towns, with mountains, farms, and rivers on the way. After we ate, we walked around, and went in a shop that sells vintage clothes, among other things. I didn't find anything there, but it's a fun shop. We ended up at an outdoor bar where I had a drink (Bob wasn't feeling that great yesterday), and after that I got ice cream, and then we headed out. 
I wore my new to me Trashy Diva turquoise birds Lupe dress yesterday. I just received it from a trade. I had never tried the Lupe style before, and was a bit apprehensive about it fitting me right and being flattering, but to my surprise, it's perfect! It fits me very well everywhere, and is flattering. I once had this print before in the Sweetie style, but it never fit my bust, so I didn't keep it. This print was my #1 TD unicorn, after I got the rockets and FQ print last year. I'm glad to finally have it! I'm going to wear the heck out of it this summer. 
It's obviously best suited for summer, but I'll be extending that by wear it into early fall and also in late spring. I like the pretty detail at the neckline, too. 


Adorable retro sign nearby where the yard sales were

Drive to New Hope

Drive to New Hope










Dress: Dress trade via FB group

Bangles: Etsy (BrighterBakelite)
Earrings: Etsy (Luxulite)
Heels: BAIT Footwear


~Bye bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. This dress is just perfect on you, Bristol! It's the perfect breezy sundress and I'm so glad you finally got something in this print that works for you!

    It sounds like you had a nice time in New Hope, even though Bob wasn't feeling 100%. Hopefully you can go back again soon, when he's feeling better!

    ReplyDelete