Thursday, June 22, 2017

My First.....Sarong!

Hello there! Tomorrow is Friday, finally! This week hasn't gone by too fast for me. Today was a nice short day for work though; my boss and co-worker picked me up in the town I live in, and we headed out to an auditing seminar about half an hour from where I live. We got there right before 9:00 a.m., and left right after noon! So, I got home around 12:45 p.m. My boss is nice, and didn't make my co-worker or me go back to work, although she did, because she didn't want to miss a meeting. 
Since I've been home I worked out, ran an errand, and have been watching "The Keepers" on Netflix. It's a documentary about the murder of a Baltimore nun in 1969, and also about the connection between that and the rampant sexual abuse by a priest (as well as other men the priest brought in to the school) who worked at the school the nun had been working at. It's an engrossing show, but it's VERY maddening, especially because it's a true story. 
It enrages me to hear all about the cover up by the Catholic Church, as well as the Baltimore Police. I believe that people who cover up for pedophiles are also guilty of sexual abuse, because not only did they not get justice for the person/people who came forward and made complaints, but by not convicting the person/people repsonsible, they also ALLOWED future abuse to happen. UGH!! It's completly horrifying. This documentary reminds me of the movie "Spotlight", which was great, but also a true story about the Catholic Church, and very maddening.
Anyway! On to cherrier subjects. In the pictures below I'm wearing my very first sarong! 
I love sarongs, but had never tried one before. I wasn't sure if it'd work on my body type, since I already knew sarongs look especially amazing on pear shaped ladies (which I am not), but wasn't convinced they'd be flattering on me.  I was able to score my current most sought after Trashy Diva print, in a sarong style. I had been hoping to find it another style, but I took what I could get! This print is called Pearl Harbor, and is one of their most sought after and rare prints. I obtained it in a trade, and I popped it on as soon as it arrived last Friday. 
I LOVED it on! I find it to be quite flattering. I was also happy to see that my new Re-Mix heels match the dress really well. I wore the dress ALL last weekend, ha. I didn't want to take it off! Did I mention it's comfy, too?!





Dress: Trashy Diva
Bangles: Splendette
Heels: Re-Mix Vintage Shoes

~Bye bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. This sarong dress looks great on you, I love tiki inspired sarongs! :)

    ReplyDelete