Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Fruity Sundress

Hello there! It's been so wonderful to have this extra long (4 day) weekend! I didn't do too much during it, either. On Sunday Bob and I went to a family BBQ all day at my parents' house. Today Bob is back to work, but the school I work at was closed today too, so I'm home by myself. I worked out and did some reading, and I'm going to run a couple of errands. I like getting to relax, but I also like getting things done. I like a nice balance of the two, ha. I can never just stay home all day and do nothing at home; that makes me feel too lazy. So, I enjoy getting to do activities at home like writing blog posts, reading, and working out. 
I'm going over my friends' apartment tomorrow for dinner, and this Saturday my mom and I are hitting yard sales in a town about half an hour from where I live. It's the townwide yard sale day. Neither of us have been to it before, and I'm looking forward to it. Hope I find some good mid century antiques! I haven't been to yard sales in years, and I don't know why, ha. I know plenty of them have a lot of junk, but there's always a chance you'll find something great, and for cheap! 
Can I just say how excited I am that it's the end of May?! My favorite months weather wise are May-September, and especially June-August. The weather this month was even cooler than it was in April, which is very odd. So, it hasn't been staying cosistently warm here, or I should stay warm enough for me, ha. Of course, summer always FLYS by, but I do try to always make the most of it by going on Saturday day trips. I like to go more than Bob does ha, so it's always a struggle between the two of us to find that balance. I know I'll be going out to Adamstown, PA one Saturday or Sunday this summer with my mom, to go antiquing. So, at least Bob is off the hook for an Adamstown trip, ha!
In the pictures below I'm wearing one of my Retrospec'd fruit print dresses. I have two Retrospec'd fruit print dresses, both with the same print, ha. This one has very thin straps, and I'm not a fan of really thin straps, so I usually pair a cropped cardi with it. I got this dress last summer from A Classic Paradise, and this style is called "Sundress". This fruit print is my favorite fruit print in my wardrobe (and I obviously have A LOT!). 











Dress: A Classic Paradise (Retrospec'd)
Necklace, brooch: Etsy (Luxulite)
Bangles: Etsy (BrighterBakelite)

Heels: Sourpuss Clothing (Bettie Page Shoes)

~Bye bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. You nailed each accessory on the head, girl! I love that you have each and every color from the dress on ya somewhere and it's done so damn well! Ugh you're a pro ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress looks so good with the blue cardigan!! I finally got this one about a month ago. It fit perfectly when I got it, but it's a little too tight now. By next summer I'll be wearing it and we can twin!!

    ReplyDelete