Saturday, June 10, 2017

Country Life

Hello there! Well, it finally feels like June here! It was cooler than normal for the most part, since the end of April. April felt more like spring than May did! Today got up to about 85 degrees, and was sunny all day (still is), and I'm loving it! Tomorrow through Tuesday it's supposed to be in the low 90's. Today I met up with my friend for lunch at Panera, and got to give her her birthday card & gift (her bday is Tuesday). 
I also did some cleaning & laundry at home, and in the afternoon went to a brew pub with Bob to sit at the outdoor bar and have some drinks. It's about fifteen minutes from us, and I've been waiting since September to go back! Obviously the outdoor bar is only open when it's nice/warm out. While we there, we got a couple of small appetizers, and I really like the one that we got: spinach flat bread. We also saw a bear while we were there! It was across the street in someone's driveway, and it was fairly small; it was probably a baby. 
Tomorrow Bob and I will be going to his parents' house in the afternoon; two of his aunts and uncle from West Virginia will be over, and his dad is cooking dinner for all of us. Bob hasn't seen his WV kin in awhile, so I know he's really looking forward to it. 
In the pictures below I'm wearing my Retrospec'd Country Life Connie dress. I have three Retrospec'd dresses in this very comfortable style. I wear them to work a lot. I love to pair my Erstwilder cherry pie brooch with this dress; it just seems to go well with the country theme. I didn't wear this outfit today, but it would've been appropriate, considering I saw a bear today! Oh, the joys of country livin'. 













Dress: Retrospec'd

Brooch: DNJ Retro (Erstwilder)
Bangles: Splendette
Heels: BAIT Footwear

~Bye bye for now!
 

2 comments:

  1. Love your bangle stack and those red colour robbies...I'm wanting to get one of the new colour robbies when they get released online! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still cannot believe you saw a bear!

    Glad you're enjoying the heat. We are supposed to have our air conditioners installed today, and I'll be much happier when my apartment isn't 90 degrees!!

    ReplyDelete