Friday, April 22, 2016

Viva Las Vegas, Part I

Hello there! Well, we are back from Vegas, back to the real world. We had a blast! We got to do a lot; we did just about everything I had wanted to do. We spent more time at Viva this year than last year, which was great. It would be even better to actually stay at the Orleans hotel during Viva, because otherwise it's a lot of traveling to and from the Orleans, which obviously takes time and money. 
I got to spend time with three of my lady friends I had met previusly, which was very nice, as I only see them at events like this. Bob and I got to our hotel on Wednesday night, around 9:30 p.m. We changed and got ready to go out for the evening. We had some drinks in our hotel and a hotel next door, New York, New York. I wanted to go to Nine Fine Irishmen; we've been there before, and I really like it there. I love Irish pubs in general. There was a band playing, and a river dancer, and both were great. Bob wanted to gamble for a bit though, so I went into that bar by myself, and he joined me later. I'm not really interested in gambling. We stayed out until around 2:00 a.m. Vegas time, which was 5:00 a.m. NJ time! So, I had been up for 24 hours. I only got five hours of sleep that first night in Vegas too, but surprisingly wasn't tired on Thursday. 
Thursday was the first day of Viva. We had an early dinner at a restaurant at the Tropicana, and got to sit outside, which was nice. The weather was perfect. We headed over to Viva after that, in the late afternoon, picked up our wristbands, listened to some live rockabilly music and then went into the vendor rooms. They opened at 5:00 p.m., and were insanely crowded with shoppers!! It wasn't any fun; you had to constantly bump into people to try and walk anywhere/look at anything, and it was also very hot, which made it even more annoying to try things on. I did meet a lovely, sweet lady who I follow on Instagram though! Her name is Dezzy, and she recognized me, and her boyfriend took a picture of us. I ran into her another day, as well. 
I didn't end up buying anything that night. I tried on a dress I ended up going back for the next morning, and luckily they still had my size! The dress has a fruit print, is made by an Aussie brand called Retrospec'd, and I am in loveeee with it. I wore it a lot during the trip, including to the car show on Saturday (the biggest day at Viva). 
After we checked out the vendor rooms, we went back to our hotel and got ready to go out to Frankie's Tiki Room. We met my friend there, Lisa (who I met at Viva last year), and her friend from home, Hannah, who Bob and I met for the first time. Frankie's was fun, and all three drinks I had there were soooo yummy. I can be quite picky when it comes to food and alcohol, and definitely don't like all rum drinks (the sweeter, the better). We were at Frankie's for a few hours (we got there early in the evening), and then went back to our hotel. I definitely got more sleep Thursday night, which was great. I experiened Golden Tiki for the first time Friday night, and I can now say Frankie's is my very favorite tiki bar I've been to anywhere. It feels like a dive bar inside, which I love, but has amazing drinks and kitschy decor. Perfection!
The pictures below are from Wednesday night - Thursday night. I'll write more about Viva/Vegas in my next blog post!















 

2 comments:

  1. Great photos I'm glad you had such a great time at Viva! I was very happy to see you bought a Retrospec'd dress as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you had a great time! I'm sorry to hear that the vendor rooms were so crowded though. I think that would be the main thing keeping me from going to Viva. I love all your outfit and am so glad to hear they still had that fruit dress in your size when you went back for it! :D

    ReplyDelete