Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Fruits & Veggies

Hello there! I'm going to interrupt my Vegas blogs for post a non-Vegas, "regular" blog. Well, this work week is over halfway over, which is nice. Hopefully, the next two days will go quickly. We're celebrating Bob and his brother's birthdays this Saturday at his parent's house. They're going to have a bbq, and invited some friends to come. The weather's supposed to be perfect that day, too. It'll be the first bbq of the season! Bob and I love bbqs, and I know we're not alone in that sentiment, ha. 
Last night I met up with three women I worked with years ago. I was only at that job 2.5 months, ha (the owner is INSANE), but I've kept in touch with them, and more so with one woman in particular. Two of them went to my wedding. The one woman lives in Florida now, she's been there a year. It was nice to catch up. I'm seeing another friend on Friday, so between last night, Friday and the bbq Saturday, I'm definitely doing more this week than a normal week!
In the pictures below I'm wearing my new Modcloth fruits & veggies shirt dress I received last week. I had been thinking of ordering it since it came out, and then when I saw Sara wearing it in Vegas, I knew I had to get it. I received a 20% off coupon for Modcloth in my email, and decided to go for it. Ah, there's nothing better than a good shirt dress, in a wonderful novelty print! This dress doesn't gape at my chest, which is great. I didn't size up in it, since I heard from Sara and the reviews for the dress that there was plenty of room in the bust. In the past year or so, Modcloth hasn't been carrying nearly as many fun, colorful novelty prints as they used to. But, I've bought a few items since January from their new house brand.









Dress: Modcloth
Necklace, brooch: Etsy
Heels: BAIT Footwear

~Bye bye for now!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I am in love with that brooch! Strawberries are SO cute! This dress has been tempting me pretty badly, even though I need to cut back because I've pretty much run out of closet space. But you make it look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I love the green BAITs with this!! I agree, the colorful quirky side of ModCloth has been quite slim lately. Thank God their label always has a few things up our alley - I love love the Christmas dress I got and this one. I also like how they fit - they run a tad bigger than other labels, making a medium for me fit nice as opposed to TIGHT like other brands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great dress! I'm sad to see Modcloth hasn't been carrying as much Trashy Diva and no Bernie Dexter anymore. It looks like they are moving more towards selling their own brand. In anycase, this one looks great on you and even better that you got it on sale! Sounds like you have a full and exciting weekend ahead of you! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete