Sunday, April 24, 2016

Viva Las Vegas, Part II

Hello there! We are having a very beautiful, sunny weekend here, which is so nice. On Friday it was so warm and humid that it felt like summer! I can't wait until it atually is summer....it's my favorite season, and so of course that mean it flies by the quickest of all the seasons. It's so nice when it stays light out until 9:00 p.m., and we take weekend day trips and don't need even a light sweater, and to be able to eat and drink outside; ah, there's just countless amazing things about summer! 
In this post I'm going to continue with my Vegas trip details and pictures. So, in the last post I talked about Wednesday night through Thursday night. On Friday, we got over to Viva early in the morning, because I wanted to straight to the vendor selling the Retrospec'd fruit dress I had tried on the night before, and snag it! We got over there, and I spotted that they had the size I needed, and was so relieved! I tried it on one more time, and then promptly bought it. I wore it a lot on the trip, and know I will be wearing it a lot in the future. I got tons of compliments on it when I wore it in Vegas. I had never bought that brand before, but I'm happy to see that as of very recently more American retailers are selling the brand. The dress has quite a high neck, so I won't even need a bandeau to wear it to work. After I got the dress, we walked around the vendor rooms again. Bob actually bought a shirt, hat, and CD (normally he doesn't buy anything when we go on trips)! 
After the shopping (I didn't buy anything else in the rooms), we went to the fashion show. We missed the first fifteen minutes and left before the last few minutes of it, but saw the rest. I hadn't gotten to see it last year, so I wanted to check it out this time. After having a couple drinks at one of the Orleans's bars, we went back to the hotel. We met up with my friend Sara at New York New York for dinner at a burger restaurant there, and ater that, we took a taxi over to Golden Tiki. Golden Tiki was neat inside, and has a lot more room to sit then Frankie's. But, it has a less dive-y atmosphere than Frankie's does. I got a drink called Banana Batida, and it was really good, so I kept ordering the same one. 
This was Sara's first time at a tiki bar, and her first time seeing Viva. Some more of my friends came by Golden Tiki later on, and after awhile a few of us left to go to Frankie's, so Sara and my friend Kristina could see Frankie's, too. Bob and I got a tiki mug to take come from Frankie's; always looking to add to our tiki mug collection! Sara also got the slot machine one, which I love, and already have. It was really nice catching up with Sara. We found out we have more in common then we already knew! Since she was in Vegas for a business trip, she couldn't spend much time at Viva or with us. It was great to spend so much time together Friday though. 
Saturday morning we met her right before 10:00 a.m., to take the bus together to the Orleans. She had to leave by noon at the latest to go set up for her trade show, and wouldn't be able to come back at all to Viva, or to see us again in Vegas. I was glad she got to at least check out the car show, and vendors there! The car show has the best vendors, better than the vendor rooms. A very small amount of vendors who are in the rooms also vend at the car show. I bought four hair flowers/hair fruit pieces, a necklace, a purse and a clutch. I had also ordered a dress and two skirts before Viva from Shop VDM, and picked up my items from the shop owners on Friday afternoon. Sara ended up having to leave around 11:30 a.m., but she found some great items at the vendors, although she didn't get to look at the cars. I was just happy she got to experience the little bit she did!
Bob and I were at the car show for awhile. After Sara left, we did a little more shopping, and then got some lunch, and after that we looked at all the cars there. Ah, so much 50's beauty! When I was young, my dad used to take me to car shows with him, so it's a very familiar feeling to be at a classic car show! He's still very into classic cars, and drove me to my wedding in a 1954 lavendar Cadillac (which he since sold). After we were done with all of that, we hit the vendor rooms once more time, and then took it easy for a bit, at the Orleans. We went back out to the car show area in the early evening, to see Brian Setzer perform there. I had never heard of him before, but evidently he's big in the rockabilly world. Him and his band were great. After seeing most of his set, we headed inside, and saw some of the burlesque show. We had never seen burlesque before, so it was something different to experience. After we left the show, we headed back by our hotel, and had a couple of drinks at New York New York. Saturday was a very fun, full day!






Saturday night, after the long day at the car show/Orleans






You can see here how windy out it was!








Inside Golden Tiki

Inside Golden Tiki

Outfit I wore on Friday night


The Retrospec'd dress I bought at Viva!


3 comments:

  1. While, I am bummed to not get to pose by some cars with you, I am OVER THE MOON about the time I did get to spend at Viva and at the tiki bars! It worked out perfectly. Hopefully I get to return next year - maybe for longer!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a blast! I love the fruit dress you bought while at Viva and the skirts! So pretty! Also, I love your outfit pics! That's so great that you were able to meet up with so many friends and got to hang out with them! I'm glad you had a good time out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a lovely time!! XO

    ReplyDelete