Sunday, July 19, 2015

Part 1 Of Our VA Beach Vacation

Hello there! Bob and I got back from our Virginia Beach vacation yesterday, around 6:30 p.m. We had a really great time on our trip. It wasn't as jam packed with things to do as some of our other trips have been, but we were both happy with that. We still did a lot; we just weren't running around like crazy. We went to the beach almost every day. We skipped one day, because we had gotten pretty burnt the day before, especially all over the backs of our legs. (We had both fallen asleep on our towels for awhile, laying on our stomachs.) The last day we went in, on Friday, it was the best day temperature wise for us to be in the water. The other days we were cold at times, being in the water, but Friday it was warmer out, and the sun was out the whole time we were there. It was also less windy than it had previously been. The waves were rougher, too. So that was fun! 
The beaches are nicely kept there, and free to go on, which is great. They aren't free here in New Jersey. Our hotel was right across the street from the beach, which was wonderful. We've stayed there three times now.
I didn't buy any clothing or shoes this trip! There were no stores selling clothing I like, which didn't surprise me, since it's usually almost impossible for me to find clothing in stores. (I buy almost all of it online.) I did find one bracelet I liked, and bought it in a gift store. It has coral & bright blue in it. On our last full day there, we went to a couple of shops that were off the main strip. Bob wanted to go in this one kitchen store, so I went in, not expecting to find anything. But, I found a lot! They had super cute aprons, pot holders, over mitts, spatulas, and dish towels there. I bought a cupcake print apron, oven mitt, dish towel, and spatula, a donut print pot holder, a spoon rest, and an ice cream print dish towel. I also bought a lot of Christmas ornaments at a great Christmas shop across the street from our hotel. They had one tree inside with all sweets ornaments, which was obviously right up my alley. That's how I decorate for Christmas, with as many sweets decorations as possible! That's also how I decorate the whole year, ha.
I'm going to post some pictures of the beginning of the trip in this post.  


The drink on the left is the famous Orange Crush. Such a refreshing drink, and one of my favorite drinks ever!












 

4 comments:

  1. So fun! My family and I used to vacation in Virginia Beach - it's such a great spot. Thinking of getting Cody to go down with me one of these summers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fun time away for your vacation and loved all your dresses! :) By the way I have changed the name of my blog it's now missmillacherry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I've only been there once but it was for a band trip in 9th grade. #nerdalert lol. Cute and pinup-y beach outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a really fun and relaxing trip! I'm loving all your outfits! <3

    ReplyDelete