Sunday, June 21, 2015

Our First Wedding Anniversary

Hello there! Today is my our first wedding anniversary! We got back from NYC around 1:30 today, and we got there around 10:30 a.m. yesterday morning. I had a good time, but unfortunately my husband didn't feel well for the majority of the time. His allergies were bothering him a lot (we think because were on the subway much more than we usually use it in the city, and the dampness from being underground was probably what was bothering his allergies), and then for a time his stomach was bothering him, too. He still doesn't feel 100% now. 
But, I got to go to the two stores I really wanted to go to, Enz's & Slapback. I didn't get anything at Slapback, and didn't even see anything to try on. But, I did well at Enz's! I got two dresses and a wristlet/purse. I had been thinking of ordering a dress in the Trashy Diva Green Kimono print since it came out, and just never took the plunge. Once I tried it on at Enz's in the Lena style, I loved it on! The material is so light and comfortable. It also isn't supertight in the chest, so I like that there's breathing room in it! I also got a red and white gingham Bernie Dexter dress. Here I go again, getting another red dress, ha! It was supposed to be sunny out yesterday, and cloudy and rainy today, but it ended up being the reverse! Today is hot, humid, and very sunny. Yesterday there was no sun, and it kept drizzling. So, my hair was a wreck! I had straightened it in the morning, thinking it would be good since it wasn't supposed to rain.
We went to tiki bars. We had never bee to tiki bars before, until we were in Vegas in April for Viva. We went to one tiki bar there, Frankie's Tiki Room, and loved it! So, we really wanted to check them out in NYC. I really enjoyed both of them, but prefered Otto's Shrunken Head, which is in Manhatten. (We spent most of our time in Brooklyn, and that's where out hotel was, as well. Otto's was quirky and fun. We bought two tiki cups to take home. They were only $5 each! My parrot one is pictured below. 







The first tiki bar we went to, Surf Bar

In the dressing room at Enz's


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! :) Loving all your dresses in the above photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and Happy Anniversary! Sorry the hubs wasn't feeling his best - don't you hate that? It's happened to me a few times. Nothing you can do! At least you got your shopping in and had a few great bar stops! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! And happy anniversary! Like I said on IG, I'm totally jealous that you made your way to Enz's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary :) Beautiful Dresses :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! And congratulations on the great find during your anniversary trip! Such cute dresses! Love them both on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to have connected on IG and to have discovered your blog. Sounds like you had a nice anniversary, and your dress finds are amazing! (I have serious dress envy going on over here, btw).
    I grew up outside of NYC and while I would go in every now and then, I never quite took advantage of the fact that it was so close - especially when it came to all the great stores! I think next time I'm home I may have to make a trip in just for the shopping.
    Can't wait to explore the rest of your blog, you seriously have the cutest style and I love seeing all your pictures! Happy weekend!
    XO Amanda | http://sansscrubs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete