Saturday, May 27, 2017

Go Retro

Hello there! Well, Bob and I are back from Nashville, safe and sound. We got back late on Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning. We were supposed to get back Tuesday night at 10:00 p.m., but got back a little after midnight, due to Newark airport temporarily closing to investigate an engine fire on another plane. After picking up our luggage, and making a stop at the grocery store to pick up something to eat, we got home a little after 2:00 a.m. 
We had a really fun trip though! There's a lot to do in Nashville. It surprised me how big it is. We had use of my sister's car the whole time we were there, so we drove to a few different areas of Nashville, as well as Franklin. We got to do a lot of antique and vintage shopping, too. We saw about ten bands play at the Boogie, and they were all great. Most of them I had planned on seeing and had heard their music before, but some I hadn't heard before, and it was fun to discover those new bands, as well. We also had a lot of fun with Sara and her boyfriend Cody, who we hung out with Thursday - Saturday.
I'll post more info on the trip and pictures of the trip soon, in a future blog post.
I have a 4 day weekend (the school I work at is closed on Tuesday, too), and I'm so excited for it! I came back from the trip, and worked Thursday & Friday, and now get to enjoy 4 days off. Not bad, huh? It'll be nice to have slower paced days off, after having such a busy trip.
In the pictures below I'm wearing my new Bernie Dexter dress. The style is a new style of hers, and it's called the "Drive In", and the print is called "Go Retro". This is my first Drive In dress, and it is quite similar to her Kelly style dress, which is my favorite style of hers. 
It fits very similiarly, except that there's no waistband on the Drive In style.
I had liked this print since it came out about a month or so ago, but debated ordering it, because I wasn't sure how bright it would be in person. There's a lot of tan, brown, and black in it, but it's still bright enough for me. I'm also wearing my new to me vintage sunglasses in the pictures. I picked them up for $10 at the Nashville Boogie, and I love them! They're my first pair of vintage sunglasses, too. 








Dress: Bernie Dexter
Sunglasses: Vendor at the Boogie (vintage)
Bangles: Splendette & Etsy (BrighterBakelite)
Earrings: Etsy (Luxulite)
Heels: BAIT Footwear


~Bye bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. Such an awesome dress on you, loving how you have accessorized it as well! :)
    Looking forward to reading about Nashville Boogie!

    ReplyDelete