Sunday, May 28, 2017

Doris

Hello there! Today Bob and I heading to my parents' house for a family BBQ. Other than that, I'll just be working out, reading, and watching "Arrested Development" on Netflix. I just discovered it! I started watching it on a recent plane ride, and thought it was pretty funny, and wanted to look and see when I got home if Netflix had it. Bob and I watched a few episodes last night.
In the pictures below I'm wearing my Trashy Diva Doris dress that I've featured on my blog before. It is such a staple in my closet. I don't wear many solids if ya hadn't noticed, but you can't be a super flattering, comfy red dress! I wear this dress a lot to work, too. It also is the perfect dress to pair my accessories with! I have so many options with this dress, since many of my accessories have red in them. 
My shoes I paired with this dress are new! They are Re-Mix Vintage brand, and it was my first time ordering this brand. The heel is definitely higher than my normal heel (4.25"), so I was nervous about that. But, before ordering, I asked some girls in a FB group I'm in if they were comfortable, and I was told that they were. I haven't worn them out yet, but so far, they do seem comfortable, although I'm definitely going to be careful walking in them, as I'm definitely klutzy. I love how vintage they look, and that there's four different colors in them. When I initially decided I wanted these shoes about a month or so ago, I found they were sold out on Trashy Diva's website, and they were sold out in my size on the Re-Mix site. 
But, I signed up for an in stock alert on Re-Mix's site, and I received the alert while I was on vacation. I still debated a couple of days, and then went for it. It's a good thing I went for it when I did, because I saw they're sold out again in my size. The only problem is, I like them so much, I now want them in another colorway, ha! I want the green, purple, pink, & blue colorway from Trashy Diva, and I do have a coupon for TD, so I think I'm going to take the plunge shortly. They also will match my two TD Carnival dresses very well, which is great.








Dress: Facebook group (Trashy Diva)
Necklace: Etsy

Bangles: Splendette
Earrings, brooch: Etsy (Luxulite) 
Heels: Re-Mix Vintage

~Bye bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. This dress looks so lovely on you -- it gives you the perfect hourglassy, pinup silhouette! I'll forever be searching for the Warm Watercolors Doris dress.

    Hope you had a great time at your family BBQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes look wonderful on you, I love how they can be paired with a number of different colours! :)

    ReplyDelete