Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Carnival

Hello there! ONE week until Bob & I leave for Vegas! It's sooo soon now, and my excitement is pretty much through the roof, ha. Bob isn't nearly as excitable or emotional of a person as I am, but he texted me today, and said he's getting excited now, which makes me happy. 
We'll be celebrating his birthday while we're there too; we're actually flying home on his birthday. So, we'll be celebrating not the night before we leave, but the night before that, so we can stay out late. 
I haven't had much going on this week yet, but I'll be meeting some former co-workers tomorrow night for drinks, and I think I'll be seeing my family on Saturday (not sure what we're doing yet).
In the pictures below I'm wearing my new Trashy Diva dress, in their brand new carnival print! I LOVE this print. It looks like a true vintage print, and in fact, it is almost an exact reproduction of a vintage print, except that the colors in the print were changed from the original vintage print. 
This style is called the Annette, and I have more TD Annettes than any other TD styles. The fabric is cotton voile, and I'm not wearing a petticoat under the dress, but it looks like I am (you can tell that more, if my hands weren't on my hips in this pic, ha!). The fabric poofs a lot around the hips. This print is called "carnival", and they only released it in three styles, which is less than what they normally release. I ordered my normal TD size, plus one size up in this one, and it's a good thing I ordered a size up, as I needed to for my chest. I returned the other one. 
I just love a great novelty print, and this one does not disappoint! TD has done a lot of floral and Asian prints, and not as many novelty prints like this, so it's always extremly exciting for me when they do! I already had one TD New Orleans print in my wardrobe, but I'm so glad to have this one too, as New Orleans is my favorite city. I also love the colors in this one more than my other one.
I can't wait to wear this dress at Viva! Viva is held at The Orleans hotel, so this dress is beyond perfect to wear there!






Dress: Trashy Diva
Bangles: Splendette & Etsy (BrighterBakelite)
Earrings: Etsy (Luxulite)
Heels: BAIT Footwear


~Bye bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this dress from Trashy Diva is absolutely gorgeous, I just love the colours and print! I wish I could go to Viva...hopefully one day I'll get there! :)

    ReplyDelete