Thursday, April 10, 2014

Big News!

Hello there! Today I worked from home, because we still don't have power in our office. The power went out around 2:30 pm yesterday, because there was construction somewhere locally, and a worker hit a line. I thought for sure the power would be back on by this morning! I was shocked to find out it wasn't. We also left work early yesterday, to go home and finish the work day from home. 
It's definitely nice to work from home once in awhile. And I have off tomorrow! I took a personal day tomorrow, because....I GOT A NEW JOB!! And I had one personal day, so I figured I might as well use it before I go. (They don't pay out for unused personal days once you leave.) I have worked at my current job for two years and nine months. My last day is next Thursday. 
I start my new job the following Monday, and I can't wait! I'm going to be an administrative assistant. This is the job I have wanted since I graduated college five years ago. With the crash of the economy, I didn't have any luck until now! It's been a long time coming. It barely even seems real to me!
There are so many exciting things going on in my life right now. Big changes! Two months from the day I start my new job is my wedding! Luckily my new job is fine with me taking off for two weeks. I was nervous to tell them about that, because I didn't know if it would deter them from picking me. 
On another positive note- this weather! Today is such a gorgeous, sunny day. It's around sixty-five degrees out. Sunday and Monday are supposed to be a high of seventy-two degrees; I can't wait for that! It's just so, so nice to see and feel the sun so much more now! It was a long time coming.
In the pictures below I'm wearing a dress my mom made me in October. I also have it in a blue version from Modcloth. (But with a collar, buttons on the top part, and a fuller skirt.) I love both of them so much! The pie print is just too cute. I obviously can't get enough of food prints on clothing! I love my pie dresses paired with this Luxulite fruit brooch.










Dress: Handmade by my mom
Cardigan: Kohl's
Belt: Target
Necklace: Modcloth
Brooch, bracelet: Etsy
Shoes: B.A.I.T. Footwear

~Bye bye for now!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this outfit! The pie dress is fabulous and it goes without saying that I love your Ida shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this silhouette on you. And congratulations on the new job!!! Yayy!!

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats!! and a gorgeous dress to celebrate in!

    ReplyDelete