Sunday, September 13, 2015

"I, I Love The Colourful Clothes She Wears"

Hello there! It's been quite the gloomy weekend, weather wise. I can't really complain though, since I don't think we had a bad weather weekend all summer. Yesterday I went out to Pennsylvania with my mom and aunt, to go shopping for holiday decorations. I go out there twice a year with my mom. We go to a couple different towns, and the farthest one is two and a half hours away. It's worth it though, because there are no shops around here that sell really neat holiday decorations. I really scored this time, too. My mom was very kind and bought me a lot of it. I got five new Stamm House Halloween pieces, a Halloween feather tree & four ornaments for it, and one Stamm House Easter piece, and one Stamm House Christmas piece. My favourite piece is the one that's a pumpkin with a cat coming out the top of it. My aunt & mom also got that one. 
Last night Bob and I watched "Love & Mercy", about Brian Wilson's life. (He was the lead singer of The Beach Boys). I really enjoyed it, and I just love The Beach Boys's music. That's where the title of my blog post comes from, if you didn't figure it out, ha. It's the first line from "Good Vibrations", and is pretty perfect for me!!
In the pictures below I'm wearing my new Little Red Riding Hood print dress that I bought in New Orleans. The brand is Retrolicious. This print is so adorable, and I love the colours used in it. I don't like the colour gray, but there's so many colours in it, that I don't mind that the background is gray. Also in the pictures below is my new sprinkle wood die cut sign that is now hanging on my kitchen wall. I was so excited to receive it in the mail! It's now my favourite piece on my wall. It's just so perfect for me. Everyday is a Holiday is an amazing husband and wife team that made that piece, as well as a few other pieces I have on my kitchen wall (like the ice cream cone). They are so talented, and their aesthetic suits me and my style so well! They're also located right here in New Jersey, which is neat.
The last two pictures below are showing the Halloween items I got yesterday. Speaking of aesthetic, the Stamm's aesthetic (the husband and wife team who make the pieces in the first picture of the Halloween items below) also suits me very well. They make excellent German inspired vintage reproduction pieces. I have a good size collection now of Easter, Christmas & Halloween items. They are also reasonably priced, which is great. I'm so happy I found out about such wonderful local artists, who make such gorgeous, unique pieces. I've never seen any other current artists who make pieces close to theirs. My mom has been buying from the Stamms for a long time now, so she introduced me to them, and I started going out with her to their shop about two years ago.








Stamm House Pieces




Dress: Wicked (Retrolicious)
Brooch, Earrings: Etsy (Jesiiiii, Scrumptiousdoodle)
Heels: B.A.I.T. Footwear

~Bye bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. Such a great tradition of going shopping with your mom for holiday decorations. It sounds like a lot of fun going to different towns looking. I love your new Halloween decorations! They look just like vintage halloween decorations! I will have to check them out! Also so fun seeing you wearing this new dress out and about. I love the print! It reminds me of old fairy tale illustrations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen that dress anywhere I think! You look great...it's awesome! XO
    -Lauren Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete