Tuesday, September 8, 2015

New Orleans, Part I

Hello there! Bob and I got back from New Orleans on Sunday night. We had a great, fun, short trip! We were only there for three full days. We got to the hotel Wednesday night around 10:00 p.m., and then left early Sunday morning. The weather was hot and humid, as we expected. It wasn't much worse than it had been back in New Jersey, though. It was 90 degrees again today in NJ. It did rain a bit a couple of days, and I got caught in it (forgot my umbrella at home) when I went out shopping Thursday morning (my husband was sleeping still). Luckily, it didn't last long at all. I found some really cute clothes! I scored two Retrolicious dresses at a store called Wicked on Decatur Street. They both have such adorable novelty prints! One has rainbows and unicorns, and one has a Little Red Riding Hood print. (They are pictured below.) I wore the unicorn and rainbows dress out one day, and have never had so many people compliment me on a piece of clothing before!! A lot of people asked where I got it from, and said they were going to the store to get it. The print really reminds me of Lisa Frank's prints. I had a few items as a child with her rainbow and unicorn print, and it was my favorite of all of hers. 
I of course went to Trashy Diva a couple of times. I didn't get any dresses there, which I figured would happen, since I had just recently ordered two dresses from their website. I didn't want to wait until we got down there, in case they were sold out in my size, and also ordering them ahead of time, I didn't have to pay sales tax! New Orleans clothing tax is I believe 9%. New Jersey doesn't have tax on clothing. I did buy two cropped tops there (to wear tucked into high waisted skirts), two cropped cardigans, and a strawberry purse. 
In one of the pictures below I'm standing next to a girl in a gingham outfit. She works at one of the Trashy Diva stores, and she recognized me from the TD Facebook group I'm in. She is SO sweet! We talked for awhile, and she had another girl who works in the office come and take pictures of me outside in the courtyard. Another girl who works at a different TD store recognized me, and she was also really sweet.
We went to three tiki bars during the trip. Two of them were only a block away from our hotel, and were right next door to each other. We liked those two the best, and went to each of them twice. We bought 4 tiki cups and one tiki shot glasses. My favorite of them is the pineapple tiki cup, pictured below. So darn cute!!
























2 comments:

  1. So cute! I love that Lucy dress on you! I almost checked out with it when I bought the lena picnic but ended up taking it out of my cart... I think I will have to go back for it though! :p And that rainbow and unicorn dress totally looks like Lisa Frank! I actually thought it was when I first saw it! So perfect on you! <3 Sounds like you had a great trip! <3 Looking forward to reading about and seeing pics from part 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and all your fancy frocks! Hope you had a great trip, and you're right about the weather in Jersey, it was definitely VERY ho. Also, I'm not digging this rainy weather - yuck!
    Enjoy your weekend babe!
    XO Amanda | Sans Scrubs

    ReplyDelete