Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Vintage 40's Skirt

Hello there! I'm not doing much tonight; I worked out, and will just be reading, and relaxing/watching Netflix. Oh, I can't wait for the weekend. I don't have much planned as of now, but that's fine by me. Next Saturday is my grandmother's 90th birthday party, and next Friday I'll be looking at a couple of potential wedding venues with my mom and sister for my sister's wedding.
In the pictures below I'm wearing my new to me vintage 40's skirt that I picked up last Saturday at Retro Fest. It is a couple of inches or so too big on my waist, but I couldn't find a belt that looked good with it. It's also longer than I like and typically wear, and not as full skirted, but the fruit print is so darn dreamy. I love that there's a lot of red in it too, as it pairs well with my red tops. I wore the skirt to work earlier this week, but I hardly ever wear my vintage items to work, as I don't want to wear them too much, since they're priceless to me, and also because they are so old, it'd be easier for them to fall apart (the four vintage clothing items I have are all made out fabric that's pretty thin). The shoes I'm wearing in the pictures match the skirt so well, and I love that they're also 40's inspired, so this is quite the 40's outfit.










 Top: Pinup Girl Clothing
Skirt: Retro Fest (vintage)
Brooch, earrings: Etsy (Luxulite)
Bangles: Etsy (BrighterBakelite)
Heels: Re-mix Vintage Footwear


~Bye bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment