Wednesday, September 7, 2016

A Picnic Dress

Hello there! Well, after having a nice little reprieve of somewhat cooler weather, it's gotten hot again, and will be 90 degrees the next two days. I don't have too much going on this week, but Saturday Bob and I will be looking at a couple of houses, with a realtor. It'll be the first time we're doing this. We have driven by houses before to look at them, but never gone inside. So, this should be exciting.
The kids came back to the school I work at on Tuesday, but it hasn't been too loud or anything, or too different (yet) from working over the summer. It's just different hearing the bells ring, though! I haven't heard school bells ring in quite a few years.
In the pictures below I'm wearing my Trashy Diva Lena picnic dress that I got a year ago. It's the perfect summertime dress. There's stretchy side panels that make for a comfy fit. 
I wore this outfit to the bbq I went to on Sunday, and got a couple of compliments on it.  
The Erstwilder cake brooch and the Splendette bangles are all new. The bracelets came with a matching Luxulite brooch; it was a collaboration between the two brands, and not very many sets were made, so I'm glad I got to snag one! The brooch is from Erstwilder's most recent release, and I got another brooch from that release (an adorable tiki drink), as well as one from the previous release. I posted a picture of them in my last blog post. This cake brooch is my favorite of the three.

 







Dress: Trashy Diva
Brooch: DNJ Retro (Erstwilder)
Necklace: Etsy (Luxulite)
Bangles: Etsy (Splendette)


~Bye bye for now!

4 comments:

  1. AHHH, HOUSE-HUNTING! Good luck to you! I love this dress on you, and I'm glad you got the Splendette/Luxulite set, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that brooch and those bangles, so cute and colorful and totally you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, yay, house hunting?!! How exciting!! Best of luck and keep us posted! Plus, how darling is this dress? I'm such a fan of gingham, plus that broach is seriously rad. Happy Friday, love! xo

    www.girlandcloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun that the kids are back. I'm glad that it hasn't affected your work negatively in any way. So exciting too about the house hunting. Have fun! And good luck! Love this dress on you and those bracelets and brooch are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete